8.30.2009

Home Team Advantage

Things that have been making me miss Kansas City this week:
1. Earlier this week I co-wrote a song called "It's A Long Way Back Home."
2. The Chiefs game on Saturday night...Bless their hearts. (And I took Matt Cassel in my fantasy draft a couple of weeks ago. I think I might have lost before we even start.)
3. My brother and dad went racing this weekend. I always try to go to the first race of the summer, but, obviously I didn't get to go to this.
4. I watched Armageddon with Sionnie, and I was literally sobbing when Harry told Gracie goodbye. Bruce at his best, me at my worst. It made me miss my dad.
5. My buddy Dean introduced his first child to the world via Facebook. I got to meet her in the hospital, but it just reminded me of how much I won't be able to be there for her. I trust she's in good hands.

I love Nashville, by the way, but Kansas City, and its inhabitants, have a firm grasp on my heart.
-g
Ps. For the record, blogging is harder than anticipated. Hopefully I'll get better at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment